Crime in Wisconsin by the Numbers
As we’re talking with folks across Wisconsin about the need for equal rights for crime victims, we’re hearing some difficult stories – stories that make the numbers very real.
We’re lucky in Wisconsin to have such a strong law enforcement community – from police officers to prosecutors – protecting us from violent crime. That said, one victim is too many.
Here are a few stats that illustrate what our communities are up against:
- 17,647: violent crimes in Wisconsin
- 240: murders and non-negligent manslaughters in Wisconsin
- 1,780: rapes in Wisconsin
- 5,232: robberies in Wisconsin
- 10,395: aggravated assaults in Wisconsin
These are the most recent statewide numbers, for 2015, released late last year by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Consider them thousands of reasons to get involved with our effort, just like folks all across Wisconsin are already doing.
How can you help? Learn more here.